[DECtalk] request for sample paragraphs for testing SAPI DECtalk

Corine Bickley corine.bickley at gallaudet.edu
Mon Jun 20 08:00:36 EDT 2011

Jayson and friends,
Dennis used a series of paragraphs to test the various letter-to-sound
features of DECtalk many years ago (addresses, phone numbers, all the
voices). These days, there are other series of characters, like
websites, that users might need to be . Does anyone have a favorite
paragraph that I should use as we finish up our testing of SAPI
DECtalk?

The voices all sound fine on my computer with simple sentences. I now
want to test all sorts of other material before announcing a release
date, but I'm sure I don't know what other users will want to hear.
Please send me suggestions.
corine