[DECtalk] Too high-pitched notes, and DecTalk sounds distorted

Talksina talksina at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 10:01:49 EDT 2008

Hi, Snoopi I do not know if you are blind or not, but, I have
difficulty to find music sheets with text notes (in the international
way, c, c#, etc)
otherwise it could be really much much easier to play with!  Any
suggestions where to find such things, which string to put on google?
About selling cd's, yes I wanted to perform some songs and sell them,
giving the earnt money to an association caring about HIV and AIDS
affected people, but then I realized the spent money was more than
earnt. For CD covers, empty cd's, taxes to pay to the recording
industry association (the italian equivalent of RIAA), and so on.
and of course we, my best friend and me,  didn't want to feed
industries with money that could go to research!
So the idea we were trying to study, was to put the ISO cd image into
our machines somewhere, and to make people pay via PayPal to get it
from there, then burn it on cd by themselves, but it just was a
problem as the person who bought, could just share the 700-megs-long
ISO on a torrent or eMule or travelling pigeon or whatever!
PS another DT problem i have, and i'd like feedback, is this:
the "ey" and "ay" sounds, when they are included in 2 notes, how to manage them?
for example once I found a song which said:
"there was a girl who, wouldn't go and change"
The word change was split in 2 notes, so I just put 2 "ey" phonemes.
ch, ey, ey, njh.
but the sound is not so good, even if I didn't give much importance to
it as it was quite short. But how to manage it? which phoneme fits
best?
And for "ay" sound?
and when the "ay" is long, for example in this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg5cqVfbWZA
this song, When susannah cries, is very simple to create, I have
already the background music and I was starting to write phonemes, but
unfortunately I stopped immediately at the third word!
When susannah cries.
The word "cries" lasts quite long, and if I make the "ay" phoneme last
long, it doesn't sound as it should.
so, in this case, to use [krayz] as phoneme sequence is not good
Thanks for advices!