[DECtalk] the archive is messed up

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 12 17:04:17 EDT 2006

Hi,
The Snoopi directory is 851 megabytes, and there's been enough other stuff
added to make up for the rest.  So the Snoopi stuff is over half the entire
archive!  Back last December when Planetmirror first entered the scene, the
archive was probably around five or six hundred megabytes, since very few
Snoopi files were present.  But they did download them all and, sadly,
deleted them all when they became inaccessible.  I'm surprised they would
delete stuff like that, considering it was clearly a permission problem
keeping the files inaccessible, rather than the directories on the server
actually being empty.  In my opinion at least, it was during this time that
a mirror would have actually been useful, and what do they do?  Delete
delete delete.  Sheesh.
Jayson.