[DECtalk] Multiple Languages and DECtalk

GUI Access guiaccess at covad.net
Sat Mar 11 18:19:04 EST 2006

Does anyone know which version of DECtalk was the first to support
languages other than English?  I'm reasonably sure this was still
done when DECtalk was owned by D.E.C. but don't know exactly what
version it appeared in.

We know that the 4.6.1 version of DECtalk released by Force Computers
supported six languages.  Unfortunately that version's voices are not
the "real" DECtalk voices.  I would like to hear what DECtalk really
is supposed to sound like speaking languages other than English.

GUI Access