[DECtalk] Vocal Writer

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Sat Mar 4 18:50:19 EST 2006

You misunderstand.  The songs are a bonus on my  software, I pass those out
all the time.  What I'm selling are the  instructions for programing your own
songs.  I have audio teaching  instructions.  The CD is $29.95.  You actually
think that price covers  1057 songs?  Heck no!

I do charge $7.00 to program by request.  But  that's to buy the cheet music
and mailing if needed.  And when I come out  ahead I buy new equipment.  Plus
I need ink, paper, blank CD's and all  that.

If you could do it for free, I'd love to know  how.  I get tons of requsts
for stuff that often requires me to buy a  $17.00 book to get the sheet music
for one song.  So after so many requests  you start to go broke.  You end up
having to charge, trust me.  If  nothing else, charge for the time.

So it often looks and sounds like I'm selling songs  but I'm not.  I add 4
songs a week on average and don't want to start a  list of what I have.  So
rather than sending out one file after another, I  sell the entire 1047 files as a
bundle and offer a life time free updates.   This way I still make $7.00 per
request, but each song gets added to the big  bundle.  So the people that
request an update gets everything that was  added since their last update.  In
some ways it's the luck of the draw  unless they make a specific request.

It might be a dumb way to do it but sheet music is not  cheap.  i'm dreading
the next few months because I really need more  children's songs.  I hate
doing those because they are short and  easy.  I prefer long hard stuff with a lot
of key changes.  The quire  director at Church hates it when I sing a special
because I like doing  complicated versions of stuff.  She's getting used to
me though.  The  funny thing is I'm in bell quire and she'll select the hardest
stuff for us to  play with key changes up the ying yang, but yet she wants me
to go easy on  her.  (right)

I'm hoping I can find some kid's songs that are  busy.  I don't have any
requests, I just feel I need more kid's  songs.

SNOOPI

In a message dated 3/4/2006 12:27:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,