[DECtalk] new to the list

Darrin Porter darrin.porter at tecoocean.com
Wed Mar 1 08:39:24 EST 2006

Tony,

Not hardly!  I still use DOS 6.2 every day, both for work and for
pleasure.  As a matter of fact, I have written some JAWS dictionary
entries that cause my DECTALK express to make sounds when it encounters
hard carriage returns and multiple blank spaces so that I can easily and
efficiently edit documents, similar to those used by the old PROWORD
software which was written for the Apple II and IIGS if anybody's old
enough to remember that stuff.

Anyway, I have both a DECTALK express for my Windows based machine and
a DECTALK PC for my DOS based machine.  I like them both, although I
prefer the greater control I have over the PC.

Darrin