[DECtalk] new to the list

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 27 17:20:54 EST 2006

Hi,
Access32 is a program which interfaces with another program such as a screen
reader.  The DECtalk software demo programs are stand-alone applications
which are fully self-contained.  They are just about like a text editor
except that they have DECtalk built-in.  Dispite the term used for these
programs, these demos have no expiration dates nor limitations on use within
their own environment and what the application itself provides.  All of the
cool features available with DECtalk are available using the demos.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to use most of the cool features of
DECtalk through a screen reader using Access 32.  That's because the screen
reader keeps the DECtalk commands from going directly to the DECtalk program
that could use them.  If you want to do cool things with DECtalk, download a
demo and play with that.
Jayson.