[DECtalk] new to the list

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 17:01:30 EST 2006

Hi Missy!  I'm Snoopi and welcom to the  list.  Oh it's so strange that you
want to try to program songs.  I'm  releasing software hopefully on March 26
that teaches how to program  songs.  It also teaches how to read music.  It
comes with Dectalk,  video illistrations, over 1000 pre-programmed files, and much
more.  I'm  not trying to advertise, I'm just excited.  The project has been
a year  behind due to bugs and I'm now on the home stretch of getting it done
and ready  for orders.

Anyway, welcome.  I um, have been on this list  since 2004 but I forgot I was
on here until a week ago.  Then I discovered  I wasn't getting the list.  So
I kind of feel new myself even though I'm  not.

I work for both Fonix and Gallaudet University, so I  have Dectalk software
coming out my ears!  I'm the Engineering Consultant,  so I evaluate all new
changes in the software and I get to say what and how  things should sound.  It's
a really fun job!  I've been working with  Dectalk since 1989.

You ask a good question.  People ask me if I use  midi to program Dectalk and
I have no idea how that woukd be done myself.   So I was about to ask a
question kind of like yours, so I'm interested in the  answers.

I hope you enjoy this list.  I'm going to try and  get people from Gallaudet
and Fonix to join this list because we actually have  projects that we could
use feedback on.

My Colleague Corine just signed onto a list called  Acolug.  I'm on it but
hate it to death, so I'm hoping she'll join this  list.

Anyway, I guess we're the Dectalk geeks, so  welcome.

SNOOPI

In a message dated 2/26/2006 1:06:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,