[DECtalk] Getting Dectalk To Sing Independent Vocal Parts

Lowell Prange lowell at schat.com
Fri Dec 29 02:48:44 EST 2006

Not bad pre-thinking.  I could imagine a few glitches
in the software causing things to deviate making this
a real nightmare.  Musicians think more in beats per
minute.  So 600ms = .6 seconds per beat.  So beats
per minute would be....    60[seconds in a minute]/.6
= 100 beats per minute.

I could post up some samples of 100 beats per minute
drum and bass loops if that would help.

Independent Vocal Parts

 >Hi everyone, my name is Raymond and I am very
interested in speech synthesis. I never knew they
could actually sing until about a year ago. I have
downloaded Dectalk a few months ago and I was trying
to get four voices, singing all different parts, with
different lyrix, sort of like each section of a
chorus has its own part. I wanted to check here to
make sure I was correct. If one beat equals 600ms,
then just as long as each beat of each part was
600ms, nothing would go out of sync? I know that was
a bit confusing, but I guess the basic rule of thumb
is that each note can be any length, just as long as
each beat equaled the same number of ms? If this is
not right, then what is the secret to making several
voices, each with its own lyrix and rhythm, but
keeping them in sync?

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

Raymond