[DECtalk] Getting Dectalk To Sing Independent Vocal Parts

Raymond Grote musicalman1 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 29 01:08:18 EST 2006

Hi everyone, my name is Raymond and I am very interested in speech synthesis. I never knew they could actually sing until about a year ago. I have downloaded Dectalk a few months ago and I was trying to get four voices, singing all different parts, with different lyrix, sort of like each section of a chorus has its own part. I wanted to check here to make sure I was correct. If one beat equals 600ms, then just as long as each beat of each part was 600ms, nothing would go out of sync? I know that was a bit confusing, but I guess the basic rule of thumb is that each note can be any length, just as long as each beat equaled the same number of ms? If this is not right, then what is the secret to making several voices, each with its own lyrix and rhythm, but keeping them in sync?

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

Raymond