[DECtalk] Bandwidth limiting

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Apr 3 03:42:03 EDT 2006

Hi, one more thing about ftp bandwidth.  Pure-ftpd will limit
bandwidth on a per-user basis.  Give planetmirror a private user and
password with no limits, set a hard limit for anonymous.  That isn't
hard to do.  I won't run anonymous ftp so I can't help you set it up
but I saw various commands to do that in the config scripts or
command line.  Debian has a nice config wrapper so you don't have to
do a million command line switches, the perl script does that for
you.  Otherwise it comes with a default config file and perl and
Python scripts to do the same thing.