[DECtalk] dectalk express, software volume control?

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 10 14:29:21 EDT 2005

I think the later firmware versions did eliminate the ability to control the
volume with software.  My thinking is that they probably thought that people
could use the volume control, so there wasn't much point in having a
software control as well.  They probably left the skeleton of the command in
there because it would have been more trouble to take it completely out, but
just made it a no-op.
Jayson.