[Blindapple] difficulty loading Apple2EE in Mame

Blake Roberts BEarlRoberts at aol.com
Sun Aug 8 19:24:42 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

How do I make the Echo/TexTalker load along with a disk image? I
downloaded the most recent 64-bit version of Mame tonight. No matter
what I try, nothing happens when I enter a command such as:

MAME apple2ee -sl3 echoiiplus -sl7 cffa2 -hard1 hd.po

for Joseph's Aple2 hard drive image. I also tried a floppy disk image in
slot 7. Example: disks\twriter.dsk for the Talking Writer disk. Same
result, nothing happens. What am I missing in order for the Apple2EE to
run in Mame? If I am supposed to use a 32-bit version of Mame, I am not
sure where to acquire it. I am not a computer programmer and don't have
knowledge about building 32-bit Mame. Guidance would be appreciated.