[Blindapple] A Linux Apple

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Nov 4 03:30:07 EST 2013

I would be interested.  On Debian, the version of the package shipping
doesn't have Echo speech, so I would have to build it manually which I
really, really don't want to do.  It would be very helpful if you built a
static version which I could just unzip and run in Linux.  Actually, a
thought I had was to create a virtual machine with the Linux emulator, your
script, perhaps some kind of menu system and the talking disks.  That way,
people could run it more easily on whatever platform without having to deal
too much with command lines.  I hadn't seriously thought about it, but it
wouldn't be hard to do.  If you don't mind building from source and
statically linking, I would like a 64-bit version.  That would help me
immensely.  Even if I can't use it in Linux, I would like to look at your
script as Cygwin works pretty well here on Windows and your script would
probably still be helpful.  I wrote a batch file which kind of works, but I
don't like it and your script is probably better.

--
Have a good day,
Tony Baechler
tony at baechler.net