[Blindapple] Off-Topic - Daylight Saving Time

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Feb 13 04:26:32 EST 2007

Hi,

Since we're way off topic anyway, what about Linux?  I am responsible
for a Debian server so keeping correct time is critical.  I have the
ntp package installed (recommended if your clock drifts) but I don't
think it takes timezones into account.  I remember having to reset
the time last time the hardware was upgraded because it reverted to
GMT.  Thanks very much for letting us know about this as I had no
idea daylight savings had changed this year.

Keeping this slightly more on topic, I found a document on asimov for
setting the Apple II clock card to daylight savings or some such
after the year 2000 since apparently you can only preprogram a few
time changes in advance because of memory limits on the card.  I can
find it if anyone uses the Thunderclock card if I still have it.  You
have to do some card reprogramming (hacking the card, basically) so
not for the faint of heart.  Obviously that won't work under Dos 3.3.