[Blindapple] Hello

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Jun 3 03:05:39 EDT 2005

Hi Jayson.  I don't know, of course, but I suspect that there would be no
problems putting up the games disks you mentioned.  I think I had Trivia
Talk once.  I know I had a talking trivia game but I don't know if it was
that one.  I would certainly like to see them.

I got a CD-ROM with all the SoftDisk issues on it last Christmas.  I have
looked at bits of it here and there but not much.  The early disks seem
accessible enough since they run under DOS 3.3, but the later ones are
doubtful.  I obviously have no way to test them on a real Apple for
now.  Actually the hardest part to use is the menu system.  If you don't
mind just randomly running things, it works well enough but the only way to
read the magazine text is to fight with the odd menus.  They can be made to
work but only with frustration.  Again the early disks work better in this
regard.  One nice thing is that there is a book in I think plain text and
pdf forms on the CD which gives the contents of each and every disk, so at
least that's very accessible.  I would need to look at more before I can
really give a review and I would like to try them on a real Apple first.
Tony Baechler
Maintainer, goldenaudio.net (TM) online archives
http://goldenaudio.net/