[Blindapple] Apple BBS

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Thu Jul 28 23:30:02 EDT 2005

Kegs, available from http://kegs.sourceforge.net,
is an Apple //gs emulator, which has virtual com port support.
With that, you can run one of the old apple bbs packages,
and have tcp ports associated with serial lines, so when someone telnet's to the bbs, kegs handles translating that to something the 2gs sees as serial.
Unfortunately, Kegs itself isn't speech friendly, but with a little initial sighted assistance,
you could get to a stage where you could remotely administer the board.
Another option would be to run a real apple 2 with an echo or doubletalk,
and use something like a lantronics ethernet to serial adaptor to talk to the apple super serial card or something.
(google comp.sys.apple2 for serial and ethernet and you'll find quite a few examples
(including Boycott BBS which is  publicly telnettable), of people who are doing just that.
Regards
Aaron