[Blindapple] Slightly OT - shuffling routine

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Wed Nov 24 07:50:39 EST 2004

My apologies, it seems I really can't read tonight.

Try the folowing

decksize=52
dim deck(decksize-1)
i=0
j=0
k=0
for i = 1 to decksize
deck(i-1)=i
next
for i = 0 to (decksize-1)
j=ran(decksize-1)
k=deck(i)
deck(i)=deck(j)
deck(j)=k
next

(Tested under yabasic under linux but should be relatively portable).
Regards
Aaron