[DECtalk] using dectalk with orca in ubuntu

Jason J.G. White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat Feb 3 10:45:53 EST 2024

On 3/2/24 10:18, Bryan Mckinnish wrote:
> How can I get dectalk to work with orca in ubuntu mate?
>
> Also, what github address would I have to use to get it if it's prebuilt?

Actually, I wouldn't download it from anywhere at the moment. There is
apparently a new company with rights to DECtalk now, so the best
strategy would be to wait a while until we find out officially about its
availability to blind users of Linux. The matter was recently raised on
the Orca mailing list.

If I were making the decision today, I wouldn't download anything.