[DECtalk] Question regarding Dectalk Express firmware

Aksel Leo Christoffersen aksel at blindsigtmail.dk
Thu Jul 19 05:45:55 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Dectalk Express unit, but I want a unit running the
Dectalk version 4.2 firmware.

So, I'm connected to the Dectalk Archive BTSync folder, and in the hardware
folder, I found a file called dtxv42.exe, which I guess mean Dectalk Express
version 4.2 CD. However, when I try to open the file, I get a compatibility
error.

So if I accidently buy a Dectalk Express unit with a version higher than
4.2, can I then use the dtxv42cd.exe to downgrade it, and how can I use the
file, when Windows can't open it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards:

Aksel Christoffersen