[DECtalk] getting the software dectalk run time for linux working with any linux screen reader

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Thu Jul 10 22:47:50 EDT 2014

OK Nick, just as well I don't have to go over this again on the Speakup list, as
seemingly there may be only 5 of us useing DecTalks of any kind. That runtime
version is 5.0.
Now, as to my longlasting issues. While arrowing around text in Speakup with
this DecTalk U S B, pitch, rate, and volume will all drop. I then must move each
of those settings down-and-up to get back to where I like them. I cannot
successfully know when letters are capitolized.
So, I was in contact with the current company selling DecTalks. He doesn't know
much about Linux, but he says if I have a way of showing him what commands
Speakup is sending the unit, he can solve this, but so-far I have no idea how to
turn on a log to capture this data.
I would absolutely love to ajust an inflection, but I wouldn't know if Speakup
will let me? Thanks in advance-and-if this got complicated, we could even
experiment by phone.
Hart