[DECtalk] DECTALK SAPI

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Apr 23 18:02:28 EDT 2012

Well Snoopy, in an earlier message you mentioned it running in Linux?  Well,
other than my USB, I only know of Phonix releasing a $50 version in Linux.  OK,
just looked-and-I still have my cereal number from April 4, 2005.
As far as screen-readers offering an interface, Emacsspeak, Speakup, and
Jupitor with Decpc.  Years ago an author of YASR was unable to get my DecTalk
to run with it in Linux.
Your comment also intrigued me, as far as I know, we have no way of running
SAPI in Linux?  I have no idea if running wine or another vertual emulator
would help?
I would actually love to run Vocal-Eyes in Dosemu, but I asked GW Micro, they
say it is not possible.
Hart