[DECtalk] Multiple Languages and DECtalk

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sun Mar 12 03:12:43 EST 2006

I have the Express 4.2CD drivers here and there is no such
program.  I think it must have been around 4.3 or 4.4.  I think I saw
a multilanguage demo before 4.61 somewhere but I don't know.  Also
it's possible they were using a custom dictionary.  I saw that the
4.3 demo had a special dictionary which had to be loaded when the demo is run.

On a different note, The original DEC-Talk must be very old.  I was
reading the developer's manual on the archive and at the end of
chapter 6 it has a demo to use to show off the voices.  It was dated
1984.  The original would have to be older than that since it only
supports six voices and the demo used at least seven.