[DECtalk] New participant

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Feb 3 11:23:05 EST 2024

Welcome Jason: I seem to remember you from the Speakup list. I had a Dec PC
card 2003 until I purchased a USB unit from Axsol Solutions in 2005. The PC
drivers did not work well with Speakup, but when booting in windows, it was
fine. Where it worked well was in Jupiter with Karl's program, however, once I
got the U S B unit Jupiter didn't work any more. Speakup got better enough
where you could finally interrupt speech, but there are `still issues-and-I
recently filed a bug against speakup-tools. I wouldn't mind trying an emacs
DecTalk server, but unless you have tricks, it won't compile. And speaking of
French, I trust you notice how it pronounces Montreal? Thanks so much for any
guidance
Chime