[DECtalk] first espeak ng variant made with chat gpt AI

joshknnd1982 at gmail.com joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 13:21:17 EDT 2023

Not sure who would be interested in this, but chat-gpt AI has created a new
and original espeak variant... I gave it the following prompts:

note: you may have to press shift enter to insert new lines in multiline
edit field if needed.

prompt 1. gather all information about espeak-ng and nv speech player for
NVDA, then read the following voice variant file, stop, and wait for further
instructions.

variant file contents go here.

after it finnishes its first response, time for prompt 2.

prompt 2. Now based on the contents of the above variant file, create a new
original voice variant, include klatt 6, and make it a big improvement which
sounds much better than the original glen (insert variant name here),
variant.

After prompt2 is completed and you get its output, you paste it into a new
variant file, and do some hand editing to remove extra comments, bad
formatting and punctuation, changing the case of some letters from upper to
lowercase and so on, and any needed info for the variant to work. so yes
some human intervention is needed at the end, but it works! chat-gpt can
make espeak ng voice variants!

It made me a new original variant called aurora.