[DECtalk] thinking of legal gray areas with licenses

joshknnd1982 at gmail.com joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 07:55:03 EDT 2023

I am inclined to agree with your last statement. No one cares enough to bother. And no one will ever care enough to bother. They could go after me for using word perfect 5.1 and lotus 1-2-3 in a dos emulator on my computer. They won't. no one cares enough to bother. We are quite safe using decTalk and making free sapi5 and other versions of it. just don't sell or profet from it and you'll be fine. Its free abandonware. Just like my installation of word perfect 5.1 for dos which was a commercial product with similar licenses to decTalk.