[DECtalk] thinking of legal gray areas with licenses

joshknnd1982 at gmail.com joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 11:35:52 EDT 2023

I was just thinking of legal gray areas. Kind of like how dectalk is
currently and probably always will be. There's tons of stuff out there like
that. Lots of abandoned stuff like tons of old games. Old text games and
things. Years ago there was open source, freeware, shareware, commercial
stuff you were required to purchase. I think at this point decTalk is more
like abandoned freeware and or shareware. I guess its like freeware or
shareware with source code. It's interesting that's for sure. I am just glad
I can use it with screen readers, text reading apps and audio games. It
brings back good childhood memories from the 1980s and 1990s.