[DECtalk] old synthesizers and baud rate?

Brandon Misch bmisch2002 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:14:37 EST 2023

I used the echo synthesizers for apple computers but that was for
talking typer for the apple computers. I was only around 5-6 back in
91/92. I did see a braille 'n speak around 92. I used my first one in
94 but it was the classic with the august 13 1993 revision. I did use
an acdcent synthesizer around 97/98 but that was for pc typer for
windows. I mostly had software speech like access 32 with jaws 3.0 in
1998 and have been using software speech ever since. I did have an
express that I got sometime in 2002-2003 but lost the cables and i
don't know if they even work anymore. These days, I do have a DECtalk
usb that I got from access solutions in 2012 that still works. that's
my history with hardware and software synthesizers. sorry for the long
message but you asked for it lol.