[DECtalk] new development

Tom Kopec w1pf at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 04:58:37 EDT 2022

I was very deeply involved in the DECTalk NWS project (at least while
DEC was in existence), and I don't recall a special version for them.
But it has been a long time.
The synthesizer itself was an off-the-shelf DECTalk-PC II, though that
might have changed after I left DEC/Compaq.

The system it was part of (CRS, done by Commpower) had the ability to
set voice parameters, and I'd bet that's where both the baseline and
site-to-site voice variations came from.

...tom