[DECtalk] It's time to bust some DECtalk myths

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Mon Sep 19 21:04:34 EDT 2022

Chime, speaking with NO knowledge of what's under the hood, I'd be
looking for a way to access the DECtalk "alongside" SpeakUp -- even
if that means making sure SpeakUp isn't actually trying to speak,
at that moment.

And, a way to capture everything sent to the synthesizer to a log file
or stderr or syslog or ...

This would at least give a clue as to what MIGHT be happening and
help identify whether the problem lies in the synthesizer or SpeakUp.

Feel free to pass along my email address if you think they may want to
engage in further discussion.  But, please make sure they realize that
I don't run SpeakUp, Linux nor have a DECtalk USB!