[DECtalk] It's time to bust some DECtalk myths

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Sun Sep 18 13:45:07 EDT 2022

Hi,

This definitely sounds like something is causing the synthesizer to
reset itself, especially considering Speakup doesn't seem to know the
settings have changed. This would result in a slight nudge of a setting
changing it back to almost where it's supposed to be, since in most if
not all cases, when a speech synthesizer setting is changed, the screen
reader sends the exact value of the setting to the synthesizer, not just
an up or down command.

Jayson