[DECtalk] It's time to bust some DECtalk myths

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Sep 17 12:21:10 EDT 2022

Well, I guess its the "Blake-and-Jake show"? Certainly glad you are enjoying
your dream. Now, for Jake, I have 2 requests, 1 of which would be really
exciting. I will explain. Since 2005 I have a DECTALK U S B from what was Axsol
Solutions, however, they only have windows drivers. Well, I am only in Linux
since 2006, running Speakup with their drivers, which have issues, where
suddenly the volume, rate, and pitch drop. Probably even more than wanting a
Linux U S B driver for this unit or Speakup, I really want to run Vocal-Eyes in
Linux with the sound of 4.1C. Thing is, because this is an external unit, none
of the dictionary type files are stored locally. You see, Vocal-Eyes had all
kinds of dictionaries which are not available in Speakup. Since I am `certainly
not a programmer, I have no idea how challenging any or all of these dreams
would be? Certainly, we can discuss any of these off-list, unless others would
benefit? Thanks so much in advance
Chime