[DECtalk] Where can I buy a DECtalk USB

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Sat Oct 1 15:57:30 EDT 2022

On 10/1/2022 12:49 PM, Aksel Leo Christoffersen wrote:
> I've archived them, and can send them out again if needed, so I think you
> can remove them. The TribleTalk voices aren't so interesting anyway in my
> upinion.

They all sounded basically the same.  And, have that annoying
"nasal" artifact.

There are a lot of parameters that can potentially be tweeked
in a voice -- even moreso than DECtalk "exposes" to the user.
It's a fine line that has to be walked between making too much
control available to the user -- flexibility -- vs. not enough.

[As an engineer, I am always at risk of erring on the side
of exposing too much capability, always thinking more
flexibility/versatility is "better".]

The voices mentioned seem to have erred on the "not enough"
side.