[DECtalk] decTalk express emulator

Aksel Leo Christoffersen aksel at blindsigtmail.dk
Tue Nov 22 01:09:29 EST 2022

William:

I can not claim that I have a great understanding of programming, but I can imagine that sutch compiler, and all the work done with the project so fare, has not been done within a few hours. Personally, I hily apreciate all the effort you and others have put into it. You have given us something, that no one, as fare as I know, has been able to accomplish in many years, a working modern build of DECtalk, which even also is compiled for SAPI5, something which I’ve seen many people ask for.

I can only say that I hope you’ll keep the work up, even though it seems like no one apreciate it. I am sure people do.

As for my comment about the DECtalk Express emulator not working on Windows 7. I am very sorry if that’s what tipped the scale, but I would like to comment, that it was not meant as a complaint at all. I meant it as a warning for potential Windows 7 users, so noone got their hopes up for something that might not work on their system.

As for Mattias’ comment about DECtalk hardware and NVDA, I’m using the old NVDA 2018.2.1 with Python2, with the DECtalk Express add-on, and it also works with the actual DECtalk Express hardware.

Kind regards:

Aksel Christoffersen