[DECtalk] decTalk on IOS with TestFlite beta app?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Tue Nov 15 23:27:23 EST 2022

Hi,

On Tue, 15 Nov 2022, jake mcmahanCharles Mcmahan wrote:

>     Normally I don't say much on these type things but I think this whole
> thing is quite unnecessary.  We all use products and technology in our own
> way, think in our own way, that's what makes the world what it is.  While I
> personally use dectalk for some things, eloquence for others, I don't think
> it's a bad idea for an old product to be invested in if proper permission is
> given.  Last I heard, Jake Gross did get the source from someone who
> actually worked at the company, so really the legal thing is complicated and
> I wouldn't do well exploring that one.  Point is though, we're all people
> who function in different ways and have our own ideas. Lots of this stuff is
> very informative and it's interesting to see what others think but I don't
> think it's necessary for anyone to be hostile or get worked up when there
> really is no need for it.

Well said, which is why I spoke to the disrespectful comparison  of how I
*choose* to use equipment to an 8-track machine.
  What value is there in such a comment?
Most of my remarks were not  addressed to don specifically, but to the
thread generally, which I freely owned up not reading.
Why He chose to make it personal just because I did not write in context
is entirely on him.
A shared label does not a shared experience make uniformly, that is part
of what makes us human.
Karen
  who is done commenting at all now.