[DECtalk] decTalk on IOS with TestFlite beta app?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Tue Nov 15 20:56:32 EST 2022

granted, I did not read all of this thread.
However, the assumption that the only folks interested in, or who might
benefit from dectalk inclusion are a small segment of a single population
is profoundly misguided.

that is, of course, if dectalk actually sounds as clear and flexible as
its hardware synthesizer days.
Those with various learning disabilities use speech as well, and, when I
still worked for xerox quite appreciated quality  dectalk speech.
I hear, quite often when sharing my dectalk speech with those who use ttx,
individuals without print disabilities but  who, like much of humanity
learn faster and better by listening, wish the speech passing as tts
sounded as good as my dectalk.
I might add that more often than not the largest complaint about speech,
regardless  of the population, is quality.
While I feel incorporating dectalk into iOS, without also incorporating it
into macos is a disservice, I would not recommend stealing to accomplish
such a goal.
Lastly, proper marketing to a broader audience might indeed  prove what I
already know from countless discussions over the years.
If you must listen to a computer, best to use the  widest number of
choices, and dectalk has 9, at least in the better days.
Just because you have not heard of jurisprudence does not mean it could
not take place.
After all, someone sues God a few times a  year.
best,
Kare