[DECtalk] decTalk SAPI5

Blake Roberts BEarlRoberts at aol.com
Mon May 2 16:09:42 EDT 2022

Aksel, Josh and everyone,

A Dectalk 4.64 SAPI5 exists. You can download it here from the web site
of list member Snoopi Botten:

http://theflameofhope.co/dectalkreader1/

On that index page, download and extract the zip file. The setup file
for the SAPI5 is in the folder named "SAPI5". I would suggest running
setup process as explained in the file labeled "instructions" in the
extracted main folder. I have not installed this SAPI5 for years, so I'm
not certain if running setup from the SAPI5 folder would be sufficient.

Although that DECtalk SAPI installs itself as DECtalk version 5.0 and
there is a readme file in the main folder referencing DECtalk 4.61, the
DECtalk SAPI included in this zip file  is actually 4.64. Note: This zip
file is not the commercial one which includedDECtalk DECtalk version
4.61 previously sold by Enable Rehab and subsequently on Jake Gross's
site before he took his site down. This zip file is, instead, the
utilities included with DECtalk Reader 1 project, a detailed instruction
file which Snoopi and I worked on together years ago and the DECtalk
4.64 SAPI. I acquired the DECtalk 4.64 SAPI from someone about ten years
ago who granted sharing with sole condition that I never divulge the
person's name.

For long-time list members, this is the same DECtalk 4.64 SAPI5 which I
shared with the list a number of years ago and encouraged people to
"play with". Have fun with this SAPI5!

Blake