[DECtalk] Question About Formant vs Natural Speech

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sun Jun 19 10:36:06 EDT 2022

Personally, I would add that the screen reading program can also
influence how a synthesizer voice sounds.
I have used the dectalk synthesizer of my reading edge for years, finding
it sounds different, though be it slightly,  when the program in question
is say vocal eyes, as   opposed to say business vision, or tiny talk.
  might say the same between use of say a dectalk express or internal card,
and the edge as well.
Only speaking personally of course,   but I dare say a bit of human
interpretation  might be factored in too.  comparative to those who can
hear the difference between an mp3, and actual  quality musical playback.
Kare