[DECtalk] decTalk access32 and other things

mattias jonsson mj at mjw.se
Sun Jun 19 07:41:53 EDT 2022

hope eloquence will come to mac os 13

Den 19 juni 2022 13:28:23 skrev joshknnd1982 at gmail.com:

Hi,
First, I tried and tried getting in touch with Roger Dudley of speech-fx-inc, with no luck. I guess that company is dead and decTalk is abandonware now? Second have you heard that eloquence is coming to IOS in IOS16 in the fall of the year? I am testing developer beta1 and eloquence is working quite good on all my devices aside from some bugs that I already reported.
Also and I guess someone should suggest this on the applevis forum I probably will and I guess it would depend on if there is source code out there for any DecTalk software. But since it is the only synth that can sing, a speak window should be made for IOS so people with communication and voice issues can use decTalk to sing if they want to. I have written to freedom scientific asking them to bring back decTalk access32 in the jaws software but I don't know if they will. And NVDA keeps breaking their decTalk addon making me have to edit the manifest file to keep it working at least so far.

Last, does anyone know if there a sapi5 version of decTalk 4.6? what I consider to be the good decTalk? Nice loud volume with good speech inflection?