[DECtalk] DECTalk song request

Blake Roberts BEarlRoberts at aol.com
Thu Jul 7 18:38:45 EDT 2022

Hi everyone,

List member Snoopi Botten is currently working on a patriotic-themed CD.
He originally planned to release it before the American Fourth of July
holiday. Circumstances made that impossible. As some long-time list
members know, he programs DECTalk to sing so that people such as himself
whose speech is difficult to understand can sing just like everyone else.

There is one song on his upcoming CD which Snoopi is not able to program
in DECTalk because he cannot find the sheet music. It is "America" by
Waylon Jennings. I had offered to program it by ear, but changed my mind
eventually because the lyrics almost put me to sleep. Would anyone on
this list be willing to voluntarily program the song in DECTalk for
mixing with music? Here is a link to the Waylon Jennings version on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XdejS22fZQ