[DECtalk] FW: decTalk sapi5 installer

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Fri Jul 1 15:21:54 EDT 2022

Speaking as someone who just started running Catalina on a 15 inch  retina
macbook pro mid 2012, and who uses dectalk voices on my main computer
every single day, I dispute this claim.
I understand that Fred is even worse on later machines then what I am
getting now.
So, no on that probably.
In fact it is more likely the voices are based on what apple had created
when working closely with the developers of outspoken.
Apple has only had two formal screen readers, outspoken and voiceover.
some of the  main voices match those in outspoken.