[DECtalk] legality of decTalk

William Prestwich william.prestwich at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 23:20:35 EST 2022

The major problem here is the code is assumed to be open source and is
being treated as such.

It is not.

Part of the reason why many have chosen not to work on this code for so
long is because of this. They likely deemed their time to be better spent
on something that might not end in a cease and desist.

But, somebody who was passionate and skilled enough came across it and got
it working. Now those who have had nothing to do with those efforts are
putting it at risk for personal gain. Can you see how this is quite...
caustic?