[DECtalk] DECTalk 4.2 Alpha (fwd)

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Tue Aug 16 05:43:07 EDT 2022

On 8/13/2022 7:06 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
> does anybody know if there is any emulators out there that will let you play
> with one of the old votrax speech synthesizers? One of those would be fun to
> play around with. they were used in many speech synthesizers back in the 80s up
> through the 90s.

How old?  Which specific models?

Most, IIRC, had serial interfaces (type n talk, personal speech, etc.)
Off hand, I can't recall what the VS6 used -- a parallel interface or
serial -- but it was used in (as in "inside") the early reading machines.

ISTR the digitalker also used a serial interface (but that's a different
product line) as did the GI device and TI's LPC offerings.