[DECtalk] tts on wayback machine vintage software collection internet archive

joshknnd1982 at gmail.com joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 08:18:17 EDT 2022

Also in their vintage software collection, are old sapi4 versions of
eloquence 6, an IBM tts sapi4 runtime kit including the tts engine and all
languages, old sapi4 lernout and Hauspie truVoice, sapi4 microsoft tts mary
mike and sam, an old infovox desktop from 2004 with Ryan, heather and some
other voices, an old Ivona tts, and some others, some of these are bundled
in with old cd rom collections of other software and you have to do a bit of
digging to get them. I think the only reason eloquence won the formant tts
wars is because Jaws popularized eloquence, and NVDA popularized ESpeak. But
the only way I can use eSpeak is if I turn its inflection down a whole lot
until it is almost robotic, set it to a Klatt voice and lower the pitch by
15 or 20.