[DECtalk] Fw: Looking for a home for a couple of serial synths

Tom Kopec w1pf at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 06:08:26 EDT 2021

A DECTalk Express should power-up OK on external power with a
dead/missing battery.

The battery uses 600mAh prismatic ni-cad cells, which are very difficult
to find.. I don't think they are in current production.
I have seen some Chinese NiMH cells that might sort-of work, but the
charger circuitry is not compatible with NiMH cells.

There isn't a lot of room in there to hack in another solution. With
significant hacking it is might be possible to convert to a lithium
battery, but that's not plug-and-play.