[DECtalk] What happened to this version of DECtalk?

Aksel Leo Christoffersen aksel at blindsigtmail.dk
Sat Oct 9 22:37:47 EDT 2021

Hi,

I was browsing through the online archive of the DECtalk mailing list, and I
found this mail from 2011:

http://jaybird.no-ip.info/pipermail/dectalk/2011-August/002846.html

It contains two samples, which, as I understand it, was samples of the
progress of a work to restore the classic DECtalk sound, from the DECtalk
5.0 template which uses HLsyn, and then make it available for SAPI, yet the
only DECtalk for SAPI versions, that I know of, is the file containing a
DECtalk 4.61 application, which, when installed, also installs a DECtalk
4.64 for SAPI5, and then DECtalk 5.0, that Jake Gross compiled in 2020. I
wasn't into DECtalk in 2011, so I don't know much about the development of
DECtalk in that period, but I thought it was not being developed.

So, what happended? Did the version from the second sample ever get
released? Have I seriously misunderstood something?

Thank you.

Kind regards:

Aksel Christoffersen