[DECtalk] the grossgang folder on google drive

Aksel Leo Christoffersen aksel at blindsigtmail.dk
Wed Nov 10 16:39:32 EST 2021

Hi,

As fare as I know, it is quite common for virus detectors to detect programs as viruses, even though they aren’t. This is especially true for homemade installers, which isn’t signed. Atleast that’s how I understand it.

I have a friend here in Denmark who makes some applications, and his applications, and their installers, allways gets snatched by virusdetecters, even though they haven’t got the slightest trace of virus in them. As I understand it, this is due to the programming language he uses.

So, to sum up, I think you can quite safely assume that there’re are no viruses in the files. Otherwise it wouldn’t make sens, that they had been up at Jake’s site for so long.

But, as I wrote earlier, you can also use BTSync, which is completely accessible, when it is installed. I would be happy to provide a link to the correct BTSync installer, if anyone’s interested.

Kind regards:

Aksel Christoffersen