[DECtalk] question about Kurzweil 1000 voices

Blake Roberts BEarlRoberts at aol.com
Tue Jun 15 17:56:03 EDT 2021

Hi,

I am currently trialing the scanning software Kurzweil 1000 for Windows.
Question for list members who use the program: Is the installed
Eloquence actually IBM ViaVoice? To me, the engine claiming to be
Eloquence sounds exactly like ViaVoice.

I like the James voice which I installed with Kate and Paul as part of
the Kurzweil demo. I assume the voice will stop working after the
evaluation period has expired. I already figured out that uninstalling
the trial also removes the installed NeoSpeech voices.