[DECtalk] Dectalk source, Discord Bot and Twitch functionality

William Prestwich william.prestwich at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 20:58:04 EDT 2021

Hi all, just to clarify. The DECBot and DECTalk webservice functionality
that I have adapted/written are for use with your own self-hosted solutions
(preferably running in a docker container).  I don't have publically
available examples at the moment.

I saw a lot of wishlist-style replies of what people on the board are
wanting. Personally, I think priority 1 is getting the source code to
build, then maybe look at other adaptations. I guess it depends if what
you're asking is an 'easy win' or a significant undertaking - and whether
someone here has any existing expertise and the time to start a project for
said functionality. Again, if you can get involved with getting dectalk to
build from the source on the github page - please do get involved.

With regards to a discord server, the owner of the dectalk github (7coil)
has a discord server here: https://discordapp.com/invite/wHgdmf4
Note that this is for the discussion of the dectalk source on github as
well as his other personal projects.

Finally, assuming one doesn't exist already - is there demand for a
general-purpose Dectalk discord server? I am not sure I can dedicate time
to running one myself, but I'd be happy to join if someone else would like
to create one?
Thanks
Wil