[DECtalk] Dectalk source, Discord Bot and Twitch functionality

William Prestwich william.prestwich at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 00:53:37 EDT 2021

Hi all,
I am sure you're already aware that a version of the source code to Dectalk
was leaked at some point.

Someone who goes by the name 7coil (hello to you if you are on this list)
has kindly uploaded this to github here: https://github.com/dectalk

At the moment, we are having issues building the project on linux, which
both 7coil and I are the most interested in as it will open up many
automation possibilities. If anyone is experienced in getting the code to
compile, please get involved! There is a discord channel where you'll find
7coil and myself (under the moniker of ubergucken.) We can provide a
rundown of how far we've come and the outstanding issues.

Beyond this, thanks to those running theflameofhope and a few other
sources, I have 'dockerized' an existing python project of a Discord Chat
Bot that gives us DECTalk in Discord voice channels which can be found
here: https://github.com/uebergucken/DECBot_Docker

I have also written a Dectalk Webservice that allows you to insert text
directly into a URL, and have it return a wav file (using say.exe under the
h00d.) While this has many possibilities, the main use case I intended it
for was to give us DECTalk tts functionality in Twitch. More information
can be found here: https://github.com/uebergucken/DECTalk_webservice

I still have many interesting ideas for DECTalk. Getting the source code to
compile both in Windows and Linux should open up a lot of possibilities for
us. If there are other existing projects for DECTalk I would love to hear
about them and possibly get involved too.

Thanks
Wil